We use leathers that do not require a regular care or cleaning. It is leather and it works like your own skin. Leather is a raw material and reacts to any external influences. It acquires a unique patina over time and might get damaged without the ability to heal. This implies a careful and considerate handling with your leather companions. Leather gets even more appealing and interesting with age. Possible imperfections are not defects but typical characteristics of that particular hide. The best care for any leather product is always preventative care.
- When your companion is wet, please let it dry naturally. Do not wipe suede leather! Do not use external heat!
- Please avoid prolonged contact with water, sun, heat and oily substances, at the risk of permanent and irreversible damages.
- Please be mindful with lipsticks, ink or any other oil based products in your bag. The lining can be soiled. Our lining is made from 100% cotton or 100% linen to easy clean. Put your staff in a seperate bag.
- Your bag should be kept away from dust, when you are not take it. Dust can have a bad effect on leather. Keep your bag stored in a dust bag. Never storage your leather companion in a plastic container because the condition can lead to discolor your bag.
- Maintain your bag as your own skin. Give it a soft touch and apply care products from time to time. We recommend quality leather oils or natural colored wax to refresh colors. Our vegetable tanned leather in cognac or nature color will need just a slight whipe. Never apply oils directly on leather, this causes residues and darkens the leather.
- And last but not least your wardrobe: don't wear light garments in combinition with new dark colored leather and the other way around. Clothes and leather both might transfer color. Our suede is specially finished with oil to avoid color transferes, but there is still a risk left. When wearing suede try to match colors.
It is all up to the kind of stain and the type of leather your bag is made of. We are dividing our leathers into three different types: classic tanned skin (cow hides, goat and calf leathers with smooth or shinny appearance), oiled leather (oil tanned leathers) and peachskin leather (suede or nubuk leathers with a very soft and smooth touch like a peach or even softer).
If the bag has been slightly soiled, you can clean it:
- classic tanned leather: remove dirt with a very mild soap and a clean, moist cloth (gently rub it, without scrubbing and let air dry).
- oiled leather: remove dirt with a mild soap and a clean, moist cloth (gently rub it, without scrubbing and let air dry).
- peachskin leather (suede or nubuk): rub the dirt with a brush for suede and nubuck, or with a white rubber. If the dirt does not come off, use a quality spray cleaner for peachskin leathers.
Dirt must be removed quickly, so as not to remove the natural protection of leather which could cause permanent damage.
- classic tanned leather: clean it with washing up liquid and let air dry or use "aluminum oxide" powder to remove the stain. Usage: see peachskin handling.
- oiled leather: clean it with washing up liquid and let air dry. Use professional leather oil afterwards.
- peachskin leather: sprinkle the stain with "aluminum oxide" powder. You can dab off the fresh stains with a cloth without pressure, do not rub. the applyed cleaning powder can be tapped down with your finger. Let the clay powder work for a few hours or let it stand for a whole night so the powder absorb all the excess fat. Brush off or vacuum off the cleaning powder. If necessary, repeat the process.
If the stain has not completely disappeared, it will be less and less visible as it acquires a unique patina over time.
Your jeans or your coat have stained on your bag.
Not good at all and irreversible on all types of leather!
Some clothes may transfer color pigments and make the leather get dirty, which is irreversible. You are advised not to wear clothes with colors that end to run (example: dark jeans). And avoid carrying your bright colored bag with dark clothes.
There is nothing you can do, it is irreversible!
BACK TO TOP